When searching for a mobile home community, there are many factors to consider. For many older Americans, whether retirees or pre-retirees, settling in a 55+ community can be a wise choice.
What is a 55+ age-qualified community?
Although each community can choose to define themselves in different ways, there are some things that Active Adult Communities have in common:
- No one under the age of 18 may be a full-time resident, although visitation rules vary among communities.
- At least 80 percent of the homes will be occupied by someone age 55 or older.
- Someone who is not yet 55 may live with their 55+ spouse.
- Many communities are in good proximity to health-care facilities.
Age-qualified communities attract like-minded people who will share in use of the communities resources and amenities.
These can include:
- Recreational resources like golf, shuffleboard, swimming, and organized activities.
- On-side amenities like kitchens, laundry, BBQ areas.
By living in Active Adult Housing, age-qualified people can benefit from the value of shared resources and recreation, and sense of community.
What is a all-ages community?
An All Ages community is, quite simply, a community with no age restrictions.