“I need to add my fiancé’s name to the title of my mobile home. How do I add or change a name to the title?”

-Edna K. (55), resident, Tampa, FL


Small details may vary from state to state, but generally, you should contact your state or region’s Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) office and ask for the Titling division. For example, in Tampa, this would be the Jacksonville HUD office at (904) 232-2627.

Be prepared to provide or have on hand any required articles such as the existing title, identification, proof of ownership, or other documents as they are requested. Note that there may be a fee to process the title change.  In addition, you should inform relevant parties of the title change. This may include your park’s management, insurance providers, or property tax authorities as is applicable.


  • Contact your local HUD office and ask for the Titling division.
  • A fee may be required to process the application.